The board of trustees supervises and maintains all property belonging to Strawbridge United Methodist Church so that the ministries of the congregation can be effective. The committee is entrusted to see to the proper keeping of God’s house as a way to honor God and to facilitate the ministry of the local church. The primary purpose of the church building and facilities is to enable the vision and ministry of the congregation. Good stewardship, common sense, and prudence dictate that the church, parsonage, facilities, property, equipment, furnishings, and other physical property be well maintained.
- Trustees have oversight and care of all local church property, buildings, and equipment.
- Trustees need to hold one another accountable to the mission and vision of the church.
- Trustees receive and administer all gifts made to the congregation, making certain that trust funds of the congregation are invested properly.
- Trustees ensure that the Articles of Incorporation of the congregation are kept up-to-date.
- Trustees annually review property, liability, and crime insurance coverage on church-owned property, buildings, and equipment. The team also reviews personnel insurance for protection against risk, and consults with the Pastor-Parish team about other personnel insurance.
- Trustees conduct an annual accessibility audit of buildings and grounds to discover and then work toward eliminating barriers that impede full participation of all people.
- The team submits annual budget requests to the committee on finance for property maintenance and improvement, as well as new property purchases.
- Trustees are accountable to the charge conference and the church council.
"*" indicates required fields